How to connect Teamdesk to Mailchimp
Connect your database to MailChimp so every customer is automatically added to your mailing list. Use MailChimp to break down the full customer list into smaller segments so you can target your list with more accuracy. Track bouncing emails and unsubscribes. Add people to a list from your inside your customers table and get feedback from MailChimp to see what customers are reading your emails right in your database.
Step by Step
- Get your Mailchimp API key: As I mentioned earlier, you can obtain your API key by logging in to your Mailchimp account, navigating to the “Account” page, and selecting “Extras” and “API keys”. Copy your API key for later use.
- Set up a webhook in Mailchimp: You will need to set up a webhook in Mailchimp to send data to your TeamDesk database. To do this, go to the “Webhooks” section in your Mailchimp account and create a new webhook. Choose the events you want to trigger the webhook, such as when a new subscriber is added or when a campaign is sent.
- Create a script in TeamDesk: You can use the scripting capabilities in TeamDesk to write a script that will receive data from the Mailchimp webhook and add it to your database. The script should parse the data received from the webhook and add the relevant information to your database.
- Use the Mailchimp API to retrieve campaign data: You can use the Mailchimp API to retrieve information about your campaigns and subscribers, such as opens, clicks, and bounces. You can then use this data to update your TeamDesk database and track the effectiveness of your email campaigns.
- Display Mailchimp data in TeamDesk: Finally, you can use the data retrieved from the Mailchimp API to display campaign statistics and subscriber information in your TeamDesk database. You can create custom views and reports in TeamDesk to display this data in a format that is easy to understand and use.
New Subscriber: Trigger an action in MailChimp when a customer is added in your database. Use a custom button to add a customer record to MailChimp or have it done automatically.
New Unsubscriber: Update your customer record in your database instantly when they remove themselves from your mailing list. See all the people that have unsubscribed right in your database dashboard. Remove a customer from a email list without leaving your database.
Mailing Lists: Track your MailChimp mailing lists inside your database. Know when the last list went out and who is on it.
Campaigns: Create new campaigns, Send campaigns and search for campaigns right from your database.
- 1 API key so the addon can add records to your database from MailChimp
- OPTIONAL: A relationship between your contacts table and the addon if you want to add actions to your customer records
- When the addon is added to your database it comes in the form of extra tables. These tables operate on their own to integrate with MailChimp. If you want to connect any tables then you will need to add the relationships to connect the new mailchimp records. If this seems too complicated then we can help at the normal consulting rate.